Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mother's Day Gifts

This year for Mother's Day, I was really, REALLY, behind in getting something for my mom and grandmother for Mother's Day. So, the night before the special day, I sat down and thought. And thought. And thought. What could I make for them? I saw these small plaque things on my desk, yes they have been sitting there for a while, that I bought after summer last year for $.10! A great deal but what could I do with them? I decided to cover them with this beautiful patterned paper from Stampin' Up! that I got for free during Sale-A-Bration. Now what? I really wanted them to have a corsage of sorts, so why not make one? So, punched out several flowers, squished them, spritzed them, and set them to dry. I used some antique brads for the center. Coordinating ribbon which includes the wide ribbon from May Arts, some die cut butterflies, a crystal clear stick/hat pin for my mom and pearls for my dear grandmother. They just loved them and wore the "corsages" on their special day. After the day was over, they could Velcro the "corsages" back to the plaque and enjoy all throughout the year. My grandmother who has Alzheimer's just loved it and my mom couldn't believe I made it. And once I put my mind to it, it didn't take me long to make them both either. :)



1 comment:

  1. I remember these. They loved them so much!!! I think mom still has hers on the desk.

    ReplyDelete