Tuesday, March 30, 2010

May Arts Challenge

Here are some things I worked on for May Arts Challenge. This is right up my ally because I LOVE ribbon!! I love it! I don't think I use it enough because, yes, I hoard it! But I am coming to realize I have so much stuff, including ribbon, that I am going to do my best to use it. I mean, why let it sit there?? Put it on something to make it beautiful so other's can enjoy. So that is MY challenge. Use what I have and try not to hoard anymore. Yea, I know, easier said that done. :) Okay on to my creations..

This is my Mother's Day frame:
I started with a picture frame I bought on clearance at Hobby Lobby (first time I have ever been there and I was in awww) when I was in Charlotte this past weekend. It has some cushion under the pink fabric and I thought it would hold the ribbon in place nicely. I layered the ribbon around the edges and then put it back together. I loved the green backing and though it would look very nice with the rich purple ribbon. I printed off a poem from the internet, and viola, a nice present for my mom for Mother's Day.





And here is My Ribbon Fund jar:
I knew what I wanted to do in making a jar to hold change. I started with an empty cottage cheese container but the way the sides sloped down, I had a hard time getting paper to fit just right. Then I emptied a jar of peanut butter and saw the sides were straight all the way down. I quickly cleaned it and started working on my change jar. I loved how it turned out and can't wait to fill it so I can purchase more ribbon because I love ribbon so!!

No comments:

Post a Comment