Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Cookie/Sweets

Saturday afternoon, I traveled to my mom's to make Christmas sweets. Such a yummy project! I ended up staying Sunday night and traveling home Monday morning at 6AM to be back home in time for hubby to go to work. We made my 3 batches of my grandmother's famous Nut Cake, one batch of Chinese chews, and 3 batches of fudge. We also had lunch at IHop, did some shopping, checked out some scrap book goodies she had bought online, and just had some wonderful girl time. I have needed a break from the kids and this was a perfect opportunity! Don't get me wrong, I love being with my kids, but the constant bickering and fighting gets the best of the SAHM who has her children since school got out December 2nd, and 24/7. I loved ever minute of it and wouldn't change a thing, except just a little more time so I could help her wrap some of her Christmas gifts. Check out the last one. It is a piece of May Arts Ribbon we used because the oven was a little full and wouldn't stay shut. We fixed that!! LOL




No comments:

Post a Comment