Monday, December 19, 2011

May Arts Burlap Challenge

Back on November 1st, May Arts posted a challenge using their burlap ribbon/string. Only 25 participants were allowed to enter. I was one of the lucky ones able to participate. I received my ribbon and it sat on my table for a little while. I knew what I wanted to do, but I had teacher gifts and student gifts to make before I could give my full attention to the MA project. The project was due on Monday, December 12th, so I knew I had a little while to complete it without stress. Well, I was finally able to create my project and I really like the simplicity of it. I started with an 8x10 canvas and placed my LOVE first in the middle. I should have moved it a little to the right to make it smack dab in the middle, but this is a handcrafted project so I was okay with it. I did the PEACE next. I couldn't get the glue just right on the canvas and kept wiping it away, but finally I got it the way I wanted it. Next was the JOY. Earlier, I had cut a strip of the string, it was a natural color first, and placed it in a baggie with some of SU's real red re-inker. I took it out and let it dry overnight. I think I should have heat set it before I used it because once I put it in the glue, it started smearing. So I was very careful in how I placed the burlap. It was so much fun and I really like that it is just simple words that mean so much at this time of year. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Thanks to May Arts for allowing me to play once again. If you go to this link, you can comment on any of the amazing projects and possibly win some of their beautiful ribbon. I just love May Arts and hopefully I can participate again in their next challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment